Problem to install protobuf by using "--build-from-source --with-python" on Mac 10.13

Tanmoy M

Nov 3, 2018, 10:20:47 AM11/3/18
to Caffe Users
Hello Everyone,

I was trying to install caffe on my Mac 10.13.6 by using this script :

I also tried by this instruction from caffe official website :

This line is actually creating problem :
brew install --build-from-source --with-python -vd protobuf

BuildError: Failed executing: ./configure --disable-debug --disable-dependency-tracking --prefix=/usr/local/Cellar/protobuf/3.6.1 --with-zlib
1. raise
2. ignore
3. backtrace
4. irb
5. shell
Choose an action:

I also have issues to understand, where to put these line in every formulae e.g.  snappy leveldb protobuf gflags etc.

For each of these formulas, brew edit FORMULA, and add the ENV definitions as shown:

  def install
      # ADD THE FOLLOWING:
      ENV.append "CXXFLAGS", "-stdlib=libstdc++"
      ENV.append "CFLAGS", "-stdlib=libstdc++"
      ENV.append "LDFLAGS", "-stdlib=libstdc++ -lstdc++"
      # The following is necessary because libtool likes to strip LDFLAGS:
      ENV["CXX"] = "/usr/bin/clang++ -stdlib=libstdc++"

should I put these lines i.e.
# ADD THE FOLLOWING.
inside existing "def install" or should I create a new "def install" ?

should I close "def install" by "end" and delete "...", exists at the end of the line ?

I will highly appreciate your kind help.
Thanks in advance.