How long it takes to compile caffe classification example?

Liam

Dec 24, 2016, 1:29:21 AM12/24/16
to Caffe Users
If I rebuild classification example, it takes 14 mins to finish.

I am curious, How long does your machine takes to compile the caffe library?

Hieu Do Trung

Dec 26, 2016, 3:09:45 AM12/26/16
to Caffe Users
You mean compile time in Windows MSVC?
Then you may want to discard unnecessary architectures in CommonSettings.props.

I build mine for ~80 seconds, use only xx_52 in CommonSettings.props:

<!-- Set CUDA architecture suitable for your GPU.
         Setting proper architecture is important to mimize your run and compile time. -->
        <CudaArchitecture>compute_52,sm_52</CudaArchitecture>

Liam

Dec 27, 2016, 2:01:12 AM12/27/16
to Caffe Users
Hi Hieu

I didn't go through CommonSettings.props at all.  AFAIK, this is for VS2013 settings.
I got the build folder after I run C:\caffe\scripts\build_win.cmd script which is for VS2015.
Then I open C:\caffe\build\Caffe.sln  and compile everything from there.

My problem is that it takes over 14 mins to build everything.

I know this is a vague question, just want to get a rough idea how long does other machine take.

Thanks for your reply.
Liam