make all error

Pooja Guhan

Jul 9, 2017, 4:35:25 PM7/9/17
to Caffe Users
Hello all !

I have been trying to install caffe on Ubuntu 16.04. While doing make all , I am getting the error as shown in the pic attached. I am also attaching the makeconfig file for reference. I would like to use caffe in CPU. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance !

caffe_error.png
Makefile.config

shruti sneha

Jul 17, 2017, 5:16:25 AM7/17/17
to Caffe Users
Hi Pooja, it seems like nothing has to be done with your "Makefile.config". Kindly re-run the following steps and let me knw:
- cd to caffe dir
- cd build(if build is already there)
- rm rf/*
- make clean
- cmake .. (p.s there is gap between cmake and dots)
- make all
- make install
- make test
- make runtest

Kindly share your entire make all screenshot not the cropped one. All the best and plz do reply it it helped..!!

Best Regards,
Shruti

Pooja Guhan

Jul 17, 2017, 7:21:06 AM7/17/17
to Caffe Users
Hi Shruti !
Thanks for the reply. I did try what you told me to do. But on doing "cmake ..", I am getting errors ( as in the pic attached).

Regards
Pooja
cmake_error_caffe.png

Pooja Guhan

Jul 17, 2017, 7:27:58 AM7/17/17
to Caffe Users
Forgot to add this in the previous reply.On seeing permission denied, I then did sudo cmake .. , but then it gave me configuration incomplete error.

Regards
Pooja
caffe_cmake.png

shruti sneha

Jul 17, 2017, 7:42:00 AM7/17/17
to Caffe Users
Hi Pooja,

I am glad you did reply me back. Sorry for such problem. Plz let me know, will you need  CUDA for your caffe training? If not, the kindly comment each of the path and other commands related to CUDA in Makefile.config. And dont worry about this permission deny issue. just use "cmake .." in build directory. I think its been messed up so, its better if you remove and make clean your build folder again after changing your makefile. Let me knw if other issue arises, ready to help if possible :)

Regards,
Shruti

shruti sneha

Jul 17, 2017, 7:45:13 AM7/17/17
to Caffe Users
Hey again,

I forgot to mention one last thing, inside your makefile.config, you have commented the python path. please do uncomment it and modify this python path to

PYTHON_INCLUDE := /usr/include/python2.7 \
        /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/numpy/core/include/numpy/

Pranav Nair

Jul 18, 2017, 5:06:11 AM7/18/17
to Caffe Users
Hello.

I might be late to this thread but still.

From what I can see, I think the compiler is not able to find BLAS executables. If you have installed OpenBLAS to a custom location please include lib and include directories to BLAS_LIB and BLAS_INCLUDE in the Config file respectively. Also add it to INCLUDE_DIRS and LIBRARY_DIRS. It might also help if you add the lib folder to LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

Let me know if this solves your build problem.