Use LSTMs in caffe-segnet / segnet layers in caffe-master

tobias

Jun 18, 2016, 6:16:06 AM6/18/16
to Caffe Users
Hi,

I got a question: I want to use a segnet-type net combined with LSTMs. The problem is, LSTMs are only supported in the masterbranch and the layers segnet needs are only implemented in the segnet branch of caffe.
So I need to port the layers to one of the branches. How do I do this?
I found some tips on how to implement layers like https://github.com/BVLC/caffe/wiki/Development ,but I got problems doing this kind of stuff because the caffe-segnet branch has another file structure than caffe-master.
There are some other guides like https://github.com/BVLC/caffe/issues/684 , but it seems outdated.
Can anyone give me some hints on what to do please? Can this task be done by "copy and pasting" the layers or the implementation code into the other branch?
Thank you guys.

mrgloom

Sep 7, 2016, 6:40:04 AM9/7/16
to Caffe Users
You can compare fork and caffe master and then merge

# Clone main repository
git clone https://github.com/BVLC/caffe.git
cd caffe

# (Optional) Get list of branches
git branch -l

# Add remote
git remote add caffe_MS https://github.com/Microsoft/caffe.git

# (Optional) Get list of remote branches
git branch -r

# Fetch remote branches from fork
git fetch caffe_MS

# Show only names of changed files
git diff --name-only origin/master caffe_MS/master

# Compare single file
git diff origin/master caffe_MS/master my_file_name