Compiling caffe into a python wheel

James Sutton

Feb 2, 2017, 5:27:21 PM2/2/17
to Caffe Users
Hey folks; great tool so far, really enjoying it!

Our company already allows users access to vanilla caffe by compiling & building it in a docker image; exposing pycaffe for use with buidling and using caffe algorithms.
I'm attempting to construct a wheel creation pipeline for modified caffe projects, and I'm unsure of exactly which files are necessary and what I'm doing wrong with my setup.

I've "attempted" to do that so far by modifying another python wrapper wheel, tensorflow: https://github.com/tensorflow/tensorflow/blob/master/tensorflow/tools/pip_package/setup.py
here's the link to my temporary repository as I attempt to get this to build properly: https://github.com/algorithmiaio/Deeplab_v2/blob/master/Deeplab/setup.py

I can confirm that the deeplab installation works properly when interfaced with using symlinks, however, it's unclear to me how to turn this into a proper wheel or egg that can be installed as a static object.

If anyone's worked on this kind of thing before or have some resources they can point me towards I'd appreciate it