Anyone have caffe-cpu installed successfully?

WirelessGuy NY

May 18, 2018, 3:40:01 PM5/18/18
to Caffe Users
Hi,

I've tried installing Caffe on a fresh virtualbox image using Ubuntu 18.04

I followed the instructions on the website and also installed a whole host of dependencies I thought would be required.

The one thing I sdon't understand is this
export PYTHONPATH=/home/username/caffe/python

If I do a find / -name caffe all I see is:
/usr/bin/caffe
/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/caffe
/usr/share/bash-completion/completions/caffe

Should I use this or am I missing something?

export PYTHONPATH=/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/caffe:$PYTHONPATH

Thanks.

Jonathan R. Williford

May 19, 2018, 9:01:27 PM5/19/18
to WirelessGuy NY, Caffe Users
I'm not sure how exactly you installed caffe, but the directory that you should add to PYTHONPATH should correspond to this directory:

It should contain a folder called "caffe" which in turn should include files such as "pycaffe.py".

Also, if you are in this directory, you can call "import caffe" without the PYTHONPATH.

Best,
Jonathan\