Caffe GPU

Khai Tian

Feb 5, 2020, 7:13:49 AM2/5/20
to Caffe Users
Hi. I'm mew to Caffe. hope can get help from here.
I want to run caffe in gpu mode but my it shows "cannot use GPU in CPU-only Mode Caffe"
How can i change the mode from cpu to gpu ??

Thanks.

Bhargava Narendra

Feb 6, 2020, 6:02:16 AM2/6/20
to Caffe Users
Go to Makefile.config and uncomment CUDA =1. Make sure you have cuda and cudnn installed on your pc or else installation fails. If you have multiple gpus in your pc and want to use multiple gpus uncommment NCCL=1 in Makefile.config( ensure nccl libraries are installed in your pc).
After uncommenting follow the same process you used to install caffe earlier

Khai Tian

Feb 10, 2020, 9:13:37 AM2/10/20
to Caffe Users
i have both cuda and cudnn installed but it still shows "cannot use gpu in cpu mode caffe". Help please..

Bhargava Narendra

Feb 10, 2020, 9:17:59 AM2/10/20
to Caffe Users
After editing the Makefile.config, you have to build caffe again using the steps below.
1.make clean
2.make -j8
3.make pycaffe
Have you done this?