caffe.set_mode_gpu() in matlab crashes due to pthread_cond_wait.S No such file or directory

James Liu

Jan 9, 2017, 6:09:35 PM1/9/17
to Caffe Users
I tried to deploy a trained mnist model in Matlab following this article, https://github.com/BVLC/caffe/wiki/Using-a-Trained-Network:-Deploy, and Matlab crashed when I enter caffe.set_mode_gpu().
After reading the error log (matlab_crash_dump.29905-1) and found out caffe_.mexa64 causing the crash. I went further to debug with gdb (Liu_matlab_caffe_debug_20170109.txt) and found that pthread_cond_wait.S No such file or directory.
I have totally no idea what that means and how to solve the problem, even after searching around for the answer. The closet related post is https://github.com/BVLC/caffe/issues/3788, but I still can't find a clue to start solving the problem.
Could you please give me some hints where to find more detail and/or how to solve the problem. Thank you in advance.
matlab_crash_dump.29905-1
Liu_matlab_caffe_debug_20170109.txt

James Liu

Jan 10, 2017, 7:53:04 PM1/10/17
to Caffe Users
It seems like a "make" problem. After reinstalling caffe using cmake instead of make, caffe.set_mode_gpu() in matlab does not crash anymore.