How to use Caffe as a autoencoder by raw-image data type?

Eren Gölge

Nov 30, 2014, 3:56:37 PM11/30/14
to caffe...@googlegroups.com
As I understand from http://caffe.berkeleyvision.org/tutorial/layers.html it is possible to provide raw images to caffe with a file that includes image_names and labels. Since I try to use caffe as a AE, what type of label information should I give? And could you explain this file format a bit more to include raw images in the caffe training?

Evan Shelhamer

Nov 30, 2014, 4:14:58 PM11/30/14
to Eren Gölge, caffe...@googlegroups.com
You could start from the MNIST autoencoder example's model definition and solver. For an IMAGE_DATA layer you can just pass dummy "labels" of 0 for an autoencoder that only uses the image data.

Evan Shelhamer