Yet another install / build question - libhdf5_hl.10.dylib

kava crosson-elturan

Jul 6, 2015, 1:53:50 PM7/6/15
to caffe...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

New user, trying to hook up Google DeepDream code which requires Caffe. I have gotten it to build successfully up until make runtest:

Karins-MacBook-Pro:Install karin$ make runtest -j4

.build_release/tools/caffe

dyld: Library not loaded: libhdf5_hl.10.dylib

  Referenced from: /Applications/Caffe/Install/.build_release/tools/caffe

  Reason: image not found

make: *** [runtest] Trace/BPT trap: 5

Karins-MacBook-Pro:Install karin$

Now, I've found an older version of this missing library in /opt/local/lib/, and I tried simply copying it from libhdf5_hl.8.dylib to libhdf5_hl.10.dylib (as some had suggested in other forums) but the build process is not fooled -

Karins-MacBook-Pro:Install karin$ make runtest -j4

.build_release/tools/caffe

dyld: Library not loaded: libhdf5_hl.10.dylib

  Referenced from: /Applications/Caffe/Install/.build_release/tools/caffe

  Reason: Incompatible library version: caffe requires version 11.0.0 or later, but libhdf5_hl.10.dylib provides version 9.0.0

make: *** [runtest] Trace/BPT trap: 5

Karins-MacBook-Pro:Install karin$

I then tried downloading and building the latest HDF5, and that went ok, except I cannot find any files that match the required library filenames above. I tried pip. I tried brew. Nothing is fixing this.

So, any ideas?

Thanks,
Kava

kava crosson-elturan

Jul 6, 2015, 2:21:11 PM7/6/15
to caffe...@googlegroups.com
I found this post about installing on OSX 10.10 and it is working now. Sorry for the newb-churn - feel free to delete this thread.

Mark Heseltine

Jul 8, 2015, 6:17:27 AM7/8/15
to caffe...@googlegroups.com
Don't delete it, I found this posting by searching on the specific error message so it's useful, thanks

Xinyan He

Aug 3, 2015, 10:28:39 AM8/3/15
to Caffe Users
 I have encountered the problem:

dyld: Library not loaded: libhdf5_hl.10.dylib
and it is so weird thatbrew install hdf5 can only installed the 1.8.14 version,
So,I directly downloaded the source code of 1.8.15 version from HDF website,
followed the sample install instructions and installed it, and could find a new folder hdf5 under /usr/local.
We can see that there is already a folder called '1.8.14' under /usr/local/Cellar/hdf5 if you have installed the hdf5 through brew.
Clone the folder /usr/local/hdf5 into the /usr/local/Cellar/hdf5, and rename it to1.8.15.
run brew switch hdf5 1.8.15 to make brew switch to the specific version.
And now I can run make runtest successfully.

在 2015年7月7日星期二 UTC+8上午1:53:50,kava crosson-elturan写道:

Ben Xu

Jul 26, 2018, 12:25:13 PM7/26/18
to Caffe Users
I am using anaconda to provide the hdf5 library. I ran into almost the same problem and I believe the cause is similar. From my research on similar issues this seems to be due to your .build_release/tools/caffe not linking to your hdf5 libraries. I referenced and took from http://akmetiuk.com/posts/2016-03-29-compiling-caffe.html and https://blog.csdn.net/taigw/article/details/71057119 where they provide solutions to the same issue. If you are not using anaconda you might try linking to where your hdf5 libraries reside.