Release memory after using a network

malegro

Dec 19, 2016, 4:59:08 PM12/19/16
to Caffe Users
Hi!

I'm trying to release the memory after loading a pretrained network and using it.
del net
simply does not work. I ran several tests where I only load a network and try to unload it but the memory does not get released back to the system. I.e. if i try the following code:
untrained_style_net = caffe.Net(cell_net(train=False, subset='train'),weights, caffe.TEST)
del untrained_style_net
It doesn't work, even if I call the GC. By the way, the same thing is happens when I run the 02-fine-tuning notebook that comes with Caffe.
Is there any way to force the memory release?

PS. I'm using Caffe in mac os El Captain and Anaconda.

音悦忧蓝

Sep 25, 2018, 7:37:23 AM9/25/18
to Caffe Users
HI, I want to do the same thing, but I don't know how to do it. Have you done this successfully?