What SGDFusion method do specifically in Intel-Caffe optimization?

John Osorio

Mar 28, 2019, 4:06:29 AM3/28/19
to Caffe Users
Hi everyone,

I'm working about how Intel-Caffe make some routines calls just to evaluate the performance of the framework. However I can not understand when the Update Method is called, and even when the axpy_axpby_copy_axpy is called when one step of AlexNet training is executed. I'm having issues understanding this, because as far I understand about this process each method would be called 8 times(one each layer), however in my case axpy_axpby_copy_axpy is called 8 times and then Update is called 8 times too. Why each routine is called 8 times ? I though that if the Update method is called then axpy_axpby_copy_axpy  isn't called and viceversa.

Thanks for your help in advance.