how to record the loss and accuracy value of each iteration in the training/ validation phase ?

helxsz

Aug 11, 2015, 5:41:55 PM8/11/15
to Caffe Users
I am just new to caffe, for the test comparsion, I want to draw a chart of loss and accuracy in each training / validation iteration, so during the training phase, how can I allow the caffe to record the loss and accuracy in each training iteration, and later on use these numbers of loss and accuracy to draw the history ?

Cuong Duc

Aug 12, 2015, 2:03:36 AM8/12/15
to Caffe Users
Caffe uses Google glog library for doing logging, you can take a look at where it is stored in your system.

For me, I tried to save the output of caffe during training in a text file, and with little effort, you can process these logs to have the graph you want.

FYI, to print the output of caffe during training to both terminal screen and text file, use the following comment:

$ traing_caffenet.sh 2>&1 | tee -a path/to/text/log/file.txt

This seems to be unprofessional, but it works for me. Hope that this helps!