Installation problem with OpenBLAS

Roberto Trunfio

Jan 30, 2015, 5:17:24 AM1/30/15
to caffe...@googlegroups.com
When I try to install Caffe on my Ubuntu 14.04 LTS machine without using the GPU, I get the following error while executing make runtest

.build_release/test/test_all.testbin 0 --gtest_shuffle --gtest_filter="-*GPU*"
.build_release/test/test_all.testbin: error while loading shared libraries: libopenblas.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
make: *** [runtest] Error 127

However, the Makefile.config has been edited to contain the following lines:

BLAS_INCLUDE := /home/rtrunfio/workspace/OpenBLAS/include
BLAS_LIB := /home/rtrunfio/workspace/OpenBLAS/lib

Any idea for solving this error?

PS: I attached the whole Makefile.config file.
Makefile.config

Roberto Trunfio

Feb 5, 2015, 9:09:52 AM2/5/15
to caffe...@googlegroups.com
I installed Atlas at the end!

Zhang Xianyi

Feb 6, 2015, 6:24:23 PM2/6/15
to Roberto Trunfio, caffe...@googlegroups.com
Maybe you can try to export LD_LIBRARY_PATH with OpenBLAS library path.

Xianyi

Elizabeth Kautz

Nov 12, 2015, 2:33:49 PM11/12/15
to Caffe Users
Did you resolve this error?
I am having a similar problem.
-Liz

Jan C Peters

Nov 16, 2015, 9:59:16 AM11/16/15
to Caffe Users, roberto...@gmail.com
Xianyi's suggestion will probably help. /home/rtrunfio/workspace/OpenBLAS/lib is not a standard library path, which means you have to inform ld to look for libraries there. This is a very general issue with linux, that you should know about and you can find answers on the internet easily because this question is asked over and over. E. g. look at http://askubuntu.com/questions/210884/setting-ld-library-path-for-cuda (this is about the CUDA libs, but the reason for the problem and the solution are the exact same as in your case. Just adjust the paths to your situation).

Jan

Jing Li

Jun 5, 2017, 8:58:40 AM6/5/17
to Caffe Users
I also met the problems. I solve the links "https://github.com/sermanet/OverFeat/issues/10" that solve my problem.
I hope it could help you!

在 2015年1月30日星期五 UTC+8下午6:17:24,Roberto Trunfio写道:
在 2015年1月30日星期五 UTC+8下午6:17:24,Roberto Trunfio写道: