Installation Error for clCaffe (Ubuntu 16.04)

atys...@gmail.com

May 4, 2018, 10:12:21 AM5/4/18
to Caffe Users
I am attempting to install clCaffe on Ubuntu 16.04 as per the instructions here: https://github.com/01org/caffe/wiki/clCaffe. I'm running into issues when it comes to building the actual clCaffe project. When running make -j4, I get the error
/home/alex/code/clCaffe/include/caffe/greentea/greentea.hpp:30:19: fatal error: CL/cl.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
According to this stackoverflow post, I might not have the appropriate toolkit installed? The answer mentioned CUDA for nvidia but my computer uses intel embedded graphics. Would this be the source of my error? If so is there a way to make this work with the Ivybridge embedded or do I need an NVIDIA with CUDA?

Raul Beltrán B.

Feb 11, 2019, 2:29:28 PM2/11/19
to Caffe Users
Hello,

According with this post the problem is due to the CL headers. Try this before the make -j4:

apt-get install opencl-headers