Build on windows fails: fatal error LNK1120

Tobias Kupek

May 16, 2019, 6:38:06 AM5/16/19
to Caffe Users
Hi all!

I'm trying to use Caffe with Matlab for a university project.
Unfortunately building the windows project fails for me.

Setup:
latest caffe windows branch
Matlab R2019a
cuda_8.0.61_win10
cudnn-8.0-windows10-x64-v7.1-ga
en_visual_studio_2015_sdk
cmake 3.14.4

Main error message:

LINK : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol mexCreateMexFunction [D:\uni-tkk\caffe\build\Matlab\matlab.vcxproj]
LINK : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol mexDestroyMexFunction [D:\uni-tkk\caffe\build\Matlab\matlab.vcxproj]
LINK : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol mexFunctionAdapter [D:\uni-tkk\caffe\build\Matlab\matlab.vcxproj]
D:/uni-tkk/caffe/build/Matlab/Release/caffe_.lib : fatal error LNK1120: 3 unresolved externals [D:\uni-tkk\caffe\build\
Matlab\matlab.vcxproj]

Please find the full output attached.

Any help with this issue is highly appreciated!
Thank you!
out.log

Haoyang Ma

May 22, 2019, 11:52:53 PM5/22/19
to Caffe Users
it seems you have not configure your matlab lib file correctly.

set the right matlab directory in CommonSettings.props, then it should be ok.

this is a basic problem.

mat.jpg

在 2019年5月16日星期四 UTC+8下午6:38:06,Tobias Kupek写道: