What is the purpose of deploy.prototxt?

evancompu...@gmail.com

Oct 1, 2014, 12:41:20 PM10/1/14
to caffe...@googlegroups.com
[Sorry for the elementary question -- I tried searching and couldn't find it.]

What is the purpose of deploy.prototxt -- and why does it exist in the bvlc_reference_caffenet model src but not the finetune_flickr_style model?

Thank you.

Rayn Sakaguchi

Oct 1, 2014, 4:37:47 PM10/1/14
to caffe...@googlegroups.com
I know the MATLAB wrapper uses the deploy.prototxt for forward propagation. I think in general it's used for the deployment of an already trained model.

evancompu...@gmail.com

Oct 1, 2014, 11:45:05 PM10/1/14
to caffe...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Rayn!

Rose Perrone

Dec 2, 2014, 4:02:18 AM12/2/14
to caffe...@googlegroups.com
Also note that you can simply use the deploy.prototxt from the bvlc_reference_caffenet, making sure to change the "name" and "top" of the fc8 layer, as well as the "bottom" of the layer after the fc8 layer, to the name you gave it in train_val.prototxt.