How to install/configure Caffe ? Python anaconda links to GOMP_4.0 and throws error

dus...@gmail.com

Oct 7, 2016, 5:08:56 AM10/7/16
to Caffe Users
I have lost a day in trying to figure out how to install caffe. Finally I built everything including pycaffe without errors. But when I now run "import caffe" in my little test pythons script, I get the following error

ImportError: /usr/progtools/anaconda2/bin/../lib/libgomp.so.1: version `GOMP_4.0' not found (required by /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libsoxr.so.0)
I have found this github issue https://github.com/dmlc/mxnet/issues/1225 where at the bottom someone says that its because gcc version within anaconda is 4.* while I've compiled everything with 5.4. I am using CUDA 8.0 on Ubuntu 16.04, so it shouldn't have problems with gcc 4.8.5 (that was cuda 7.5) because 5.* is supported.
Please help!

dus...@gmail.com

Oct 7, 2016, 5:11:08 AM10/7/16
to Caffe Users
Also if there is any faster way of installing frameworks (Theano, Tensorflow, Torch) I would highly appreciate. I am interested in the fastest way of installation so I can run models ASAP. Is nvidia-docker the way to go? How do you guys do it?

Serhan Gül

Dec 6, 2016, 7:03:01 AM12/6/16
to Caffe Users
Did you solve this issue? I have the same error running OpenCV. I compiled it with gcc 5.4 and Anaconda with gcc 4.4.