ERROR: flag 'tab_completion_word' was defined more than once

Dan Buckler

Jun 23, 2015, 4:40:18 PM6/23/15
to caffe...@googlegroups.com
When I run caffe having built it with "make all" I get the error :

ERROR: flag 'tab_completion_word' was defined more than once (in files 'src/gflags_completions.cc' and '/root/gflags-master/src/gflags_completions.cc').

The mystery is that there is no /root/gflags-master directory.

I assume that this is because I built some part of the required software outside of the caffe build area.

Has anyone else seen this problem?

Keith

Jun 24, 2015, 4:10:34 PM6/24/15
to caffe...@googlegroups.com
Have same problem when doing "make runtest"

ERROR: flag 'tab_completion_word' was defined more than once (in files 'src/gflags_completions.cc' and '/root/gflags/src/gflags_completions.cc').

make: *** [runtest] Error 1

It seems an old issue :

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/caffe-users/bqDam0xuT3E

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/caffe-users/CdwlTBytPNg/CZ6hw5gF6_gJ

Does anyone has the solution?

Dan Buckler於 2015年6月24日星期三 UTC+8上午4時40分18秒寫道:

Dan Buckler

Jun 24, 2015, 5:32:17 PM6/24/15
to caffe...@googlegroups.com
I believe that the problem is that there is a piece of dependant software which also defines the same data gflag data structure as caffe does.
The old issue you site offers no assistance for this problem. I suspect you will see the problem is you simply run caffe. It doesn't show up until the program is run
and the duplicative data struction is seem by the dynamic load when it loads a dynamic library linked to the caffe program. The solution, I think, is to build the dependant
code in the context of the caffe src tree so that both the caffe code and the dependant software refer to the same data structure.

Jingping Xu

Jul 14, 2015, 10:57:23 AM7/14/15
to caffe...@googlegroups.com
I have same problem in the processing of "make runtest" in Centos 6.5, Do you fix it?

Lu Dai

Jan 7, 2016, 1:31:58 AM1/7/16
to Caffe Users
have you fixed it yet?

Daniela Godinho

Mar 15, 2016, 1:39:41 PM3/15/16
to Caffe Users
I'm having the same problem. Have you fixed it?

George Bezerra

Jun 10, 2016, 1:07:57 PM6/10/16
to Caffe Users
Same here. Tried uninstalling and installing gflags/caffe and nothing. I'm using CentOS. Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Ritesh Pradhan

Jul 26, 2016, 4:53:31 PM7/26/16
to Caffe Users