Matlab crashes during net initialization with matcaffe in windows 10

Pavlos Triantafyllou

Mar 1, 2017, 5:23:08 AM3/1/17
to Caffe Users
Hi everyone,

I am new to caffe and I am trying to run the DispNet network proposed here
But Matlab crashes as soon as I do

net = caffe.Net(net_model, 'test');

without producing any logs. I have attached the model file. I understand it's huge, but do you see anything suspicious? Or is there any way to debug this (e.g. find which layer definition causes the crash)?

Cheers
deploy.prototxt

Pavlos Triantafyllou

Mar 1, 2017, 6:13:57 AM3/1/17
to Caffe Users
Actually just these few lines

name: "DispNet"
layer {
  name: "Image1"
  type: "ImageData"
  top: "img0"
  top: "label0"
  image_data_param {
    source: "tmp\img1.txt"
    batch_size: 1
  }
}

cause matlab to crash.

Jim

Mar 1, 2017, 10:22:38 PM3/1/17
to Caffe Users
Hi Pavlos,

I am struggeling with Matlab too.
How did you get it even running under Win 10?
Was able to combile the mexw64, copied it into the folder (release candidate) of the Matlab project

But then when trying to do a simple test:

caffe.run_tests()

Invalid MEX-file ‘caffe_.mexw64': The specified module could not be found..

Error in caffe.set_mode_cpu (line 5)

caffe_('set_mode_cpu');

Error in caffe.run_tests (line 6)

caffe.set_mode_cpu();

Do you have any tip on how to get that running? Maybe I can get to your crash then next...
Thanks in advance!