Fails at make runtest

Alexandre Vieira

Jan 9, 2017, 7:39:25 PM1/9/17
to Caffe Users

Issue summary

I'm using Caffe for my Masters Thesis, and can't procede to use the software...

Upon compilation, this warning message appears in many of the compilation steps:
./include/caffe/net.hpp: In member function 'const std::vector<caffe::Blob<Dtype>*>& caffe::Net<Dtype>::ForwardPrefilled(Dtype*)': ./include/caffe/net.hpp:42:116: warning: typedef 'INVALID_REQUESTED_LOG_SEVERITY' locally defined but not used [-Wunused-local-typedefs] LOG_EVERY_N(WARNING, 1000) << "DEPRECATED: ForwardPrefilled() “
though, the compilation process terminates without errors. While performing "make runtest" it fails over 200 tests (tried several times, and got different number of failures) with this message in the failures:
unknown file: Failure C++ exception with description "locale::facet::_S_create_c_locale name not valid" thrown in the test body.

I'm not an expert in operating systems' messages due to compilation errors or anything, so I asked my system administrator and he said that while the warning was not problematic, the error is and that I should get in touch with the developers to try and solve it.

Steps to reproduce

Makefile files attached

Your system configuration

Operating system: Fedora 21
Compiler: gcc (GCC) 4.9.2 20150212
CUDA version (if applicable): CUDA Driver Version = 8.0, CUDA Runtime Version = 7.5
CUDNN version (if applicable):
BLAS: atlas-devel.x86_64 3.10.1-18.fc21
Python or MATLAB version (for pycaffe and matcaffe respectively): python.x86_64 2.7.8-15.fc21

I have opened an issue in GutHub, but it was suggested I posted here as it was more suited for my situation: issue 5166

Makefile.config.txt
Makefile.txt

Alexandre Vieira

Jan 10, 2017, 1:13:39 PM1/10/17
to Caffe Users
Please, can somebody help me? I need Caffe to work for me to proceed with my thesis! Thanks in advance

Lu Di

May 17, 2017, 5:59:54 AM5/17/17
to Caffe Users
Hello!
Have you solved this issue yet?

Now I am facing the same issue just like you...

Look forward to your reply

在 2017年1月10日星期二 UTC+8上午8:39:25,Alexandre Vieira写道:

Alexandre Vieira

May 17, 2017, 11:07:45 AM5/17/17
to Caffe Users
Hi,

Yes, you need to use env LC_ALL="en_US.UTF-8" before make runtest, so it would be env LC_ALL="en_US.UTF-8" make runtest.

Please note that I'm no longer using Caffe and instead using TensorFlow.

Regards.