Caffe Import Error

Amandeep Singh

Sep 8, 2016, 2:36:53 PM9/8/16
to Caffe Users
Hi
I'm trying to install caffe on ubuntu 16.04 with cuda 8.
when i write import caffe in ipython, it returns the following
ImportError: /home/aman/Softwares/caffe/python/caffe/../../build/lib/libcaffe.so.1.0.0-rc3: undefined symbol: _ZNK6google8protobuf7Message11GetTypeNameB5cxx11Ev
Please Help
Regards
Aman

ritwi...@gmail.com

Jul 19, 2017, 4:35:58 AM7/19/17
to Caffe Users
Hey, I am facing the same solution. If you have resolved it , please let me know

Kan Wang

Jul 20, 2017, 10:00:13 PM7/20/17
to Caffe Users

Hi , bro
    I suggest you to install anaconda replacing your original python and install protobuf with conda, besides,make sure that export the PATHTHONPATH to your environment variables.
    hope it will be of use to U
Regards
Kan