lmdb creation: Input/output error

p.Paul

Feb 23, 2017, 11:28:25 AM2/23/17
to Caffe Users

I am trying to create lmdb for images and labels. I met with this problem and I am stuck. Could any one please help me? This one was working before.

lmdb.Error: ../data/HPElmdb/image-lmdb_train: Input/output error

     images_db = lmdb.open(images_file, map_size=int(1e12), map_async=True, writemap=True)

Devendra Swami

Feb 23, 2017, 12:02:25 PM2/23/17
to Caffe Users
You might have created a lmdb directory in previous instance inside the directory where you are storing your training images. Deleting lmdb directory might work.

p.Paul

Feb 23, 2017, 12:49:39 PM2/23/17
to Caffe Users
Thank you for your reply. But that is not the case. I have deleted all the folders,. but still showing this error! Is it something related to memory?

p.Paul

Feb 24, 2017, 4:23:56 AM2/24/17
to Caffe Users
Is there anyone who ca help me?
I have enough memory. It was working already once. But I have some erros with manipulating numpy arrays, and with no change on the code , I got this  error. This is why I think its a memoryproblem. But cant figure it out!

p.Paul

Feb 24, 2017, 7:18:12 AM2/24/17
to Caffe Users
I trie to run MNIST example, http://caffe.berkeleyvision.org/gathered/examples/mnist.html
So, even this is not working
 ./examples/mnist/create_mnist.sh

Creating lmdb...
F0224
12:39:32.593969 29429 db_lmdb.hpp:15] Check failed: mdb_status == 0 (5 vs. 0) Input/output error

Ragini Sharma

Feb 26, 2017, 1:39:30 PM2/26/17
to Caffe Users
Hi Could you solve this??
even I facing this issue but with a different error. build/examples/mnist/convert_mnist_data.bin: Syntax error: word unexpected (expecting ")")

Ragini Sharma

Feb 26, 2017, 11:26:28 PM2/26/17
to Caffe Users
I could find a work around for this. I was getting the above error when I was using caffe_android_lib repo. I was using that repo as I was porting caffe on mobile. Hence the architecture was ARM.
Later , I have cloned just the caffe repo(BVLC/caffe and not android_caffe_lib), built it though could not built is fully, but managed to get tools directly built.
Then I had executed these commands. It worked fine. This says, the below scripts are compatible with only x86 architecture.
cd $CAFFE_ROOT
 ./data/mnist/get_mnist.sh
 ./examples/mnist/create_mnist.sh

p.Paul

Feb 27, 2017, 4:39:42 AM2/27/17
to Caffe Users
No I could not fix it yet. For me wasnt a syntax error, but  I think a memory error! Now is that my server is hanged !