Debug and set breakpoint in the convolutional layer

himora...@gmail.com

Jul 9, 2017, 9:35:07 PM7/9/17
to Caffe Users
Hi everyone,

I'm debugging caffe using Nsight.
I try debugging with the MNIST example.
I can set breakpoint and observe variable in softmaxwithloss layer.
However, when i set breakpoint in the convolution or relu layer, the program don't go there. In other word, the convolution or the relu are not called.
I want to investigate the convolution layer. What should i do to observe its internal variables?

Hope to hear from you.
Best regards

shruti sneha

Jul 17, 2017, 5:45:25 AM7/17/17
to Caffe Users
Hi,

no idea about the breakpoints but yes you can view its data and its weights via pycaffe. Simply use net.forward( ) and then try to print net.blobs['conv1'].data . May be this could help you :)

Jonathan R. Williford

Jul 18, 2017, 4:57:33 AM7/18/17
to Caffe Users
Perhaps you have GPU enabled and you have added your break point to the CPU version of the code (.cpp)?

You might want to go about troubleshooting using Shruti's method. You shouldn't need to set a breakpoint in the layers unless you are modifying the layers themselves.

Jonathan