Failure to install Caffe on Mac

Bato

Mar 11, 2016, 11:11:00 AM3/11/16
to Caffe Users
Hi all,

I am trying to install Caffe in Mac (OS X EI Capitan 10.11.3) and Macbook pro (OS X EI Capitan10.11.1)respectively.
I have already install homebrew and CUDA 7 as mention in the installation instruction page.

When installing it into Mac, I can't even successfully implement the first dependency installation:
   brew install -vd snappy leveldb gflags glog szip lmdb
It gives me the error:

Warning: snappy-1.1.3 already installed

Warning: leveldb-1.18 already installed

Warning: gflags-2.1.2 already installed

Warning: glog-0.3.4 already installed

Warning: szip-2.1 already installed

Warning: lmdb-0.9.14 already installed

Error: Failure while executing: /usr/bin/otool -L /usr/bin/install_name_tool

/usr/local/Library/Homebrew/os/mac/cctools_mach.rb:117:in `parse_otool_L_output'

/usr/local/Library/Homebrew/os/mac/cctools_mach.rb:110:in `initialize'

/usr/local/Library/Homebrew/os/mac/cctools_mach.rb:131:in `new'

/usr/local/Library/Homebrew/os/mac/cctools_mach.rb:131:in `mach_metadata'

/usr/local/Library/Homebrew/os/mac/cctools_mach.rb:141:in `dynamically_linked_libraries'

/usr/local/Library/Homebrew/diagnostic.rb:457:in `check_for_bad_install_name_tool'

/usr/local/Library/Homebrew/cmd/install.rb:169:in `block in check_xcode'

/usr/local/Library/Homebrew/cmd/install.rb:168:in `each'

/usr/local/Library/Homebrew/cmd/install.rb:168:in `check_xcode'

/usr/local/Library/Homebrew/cmd/install.rb:194:in `perform_preinstall_checks'

/usr/local/Library/Homebrew/cmd/install.rb:91:in `install'

/usr/local/Library/brew.rb:83:in `<main>'

The warning is due to this is the second time that I run this command, so I think that's ok. But for the error, is it due to the multiple users on the same lab since I am not the only user of this Mac and there are several different accounts running on the Mac.

As for my Macbook pro, I successfully go through 90% of the step until the Compilation, I don't quite understand what "# Adjust Makefile.config" mean. Does that mean I need to add the python path (I use anaconda to install python) and the anaconda path to Makefile.config? If that's the case, which part of the Makefile.config do I need to adjust? I am not very clear about the installation path of python and python library, it seems on the code of Makefile.config, by default it says the anaconda is installed in (HOME) ? What's that? And why /usr/lib appear so many times on Makefile.config? My anaconda(along with the python library it installs) is not in a hidden file(/src).. All of this confused me so much...

Can anyone walk me through this process? Thank you!