CUDA is not detected by cmake. Building without it.

Ádám Kisgergely

Dec 1, 2017, 3:16:40 PM12/1/17
to Caffe Users

Hi

I am trying to build caffe version 0.15 with CUDA v9.0 and cudnn v7.0.4.

I have set the path to cuda with the following way:
export PATH=/usr/local/cuda-9.0/bin${PATH:+:${PATH}}
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/cuda-9.0/lib64${LD_LIBRARY_PATH:+:${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}}
export CUDA_HOME=/usr/local/cuda-9.0
And nvcc --version list it the right way:
Cuda compilation tools, release 9.0, V9.0.176
cmake always show this:
CMake Warning at cmake/Dependencies.cmake:63 (message):
-- CUDA is not detected by cmake. Building without it...

I have already installed successfully these versions on an other pc with digits 6 by a "self made" guide by several other how to install, but i didn't face with this problem then.

Using Ubuntu 16.04, GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 with 384.90 driver version

How could I make caffe recognize cuda?

Dennis Mungai

Dec 1, 2017, 5:58:47 PM12/1/17
to Ádám Kisgergely, Caffe Users
Hey there, at the cmake configuration stage, Try with cmake -DCUDA_CUDART_LIBRARY=/usr/local/cuda/lib64/libcudart.so

Message has been deleted

Ádám Kisgergely

Dennis Mungai

Dec 2, 2017, 5:08:46 AM12/2/17
to Ádám Kisgergely, Caffe Users
I'll be back shortly with a solution for that. Most likely has to do with how the environment was set up.