Installing two versions of caffe

elpidam

Sep 17, 2015, 4:52:08 AM9/17/15
to Caffe Users
Hello!
I have successfully installed and run some network training and testing with current version of Caffe (v.09999). Since I need to test some images with R-cnn (https://github.com/rbgirshick/rcnn) and the author proposes Caffe v.0999, I want to ask if there would be any trouble installing both versions...
Of course, I will change particular paths...
Also, I want to ask if sb has tried to use MatlabR2014a with Caffe v.0999?

thanks in advance

JEREMiAH Zoom

Sep 17, 2015, 9:49:30 AM9/17/15
to elpidam, Caffe Users
For the first question, you can avoid the instructions about creating a symlink to CAFFE_ROOT (as described here). Just install Caffe inside the wanted version of caffe in the "external" folder. If you keep your other version of Caffe outside R-CNN's folder, they'll both work.