caffe installation on windows 10

Tiago Silva

Dec 27, 2016, 3:33:29 PM12/27/16
to Caffe Users
Hello, im trying to install caffe on windows.
Setps to reproduce:

C:\Projects> git clone https://github.com/BVLC/caffe.git
C:\Projects> cd caffe
C:\Projects\caffe> git checkout windows
:: Edit any of the options inside build_win.cmd to suit your needs
C:\Projects\caffe> scripts\build_win.cmd

my build_win config:
msvs_version=12
with_ninja=0
cpu_only=0
CMAKE_CONFIG=Release
CMAKE_BUILD_SHARED_LIBS=0
BUILD_PYTHON=1
BUILD_PYTHON_LAYER=1
BUILD_MATLAB=0
PYTHON_EXE=python
RUN_TESTS=0
RUN_LINT=0
RUN_INSTALL=1

also using cudnn,so i added "-DCUDNN_ROOT=D:/cuda ^" on cmake.

after a while, the process completes, with tons of warning, but 0 errors.

so i tried
"C:\Projects\caffe> call build\libraries\prependpath.bat" next, but nothing happened, it didnt set any env variables on my path. So i added myself.
Also im trying to install DIGITS, but DIGITS doesnt seem to find where caffe is, and i belive its because i've set the env variables wrong.
Screenshot attached.

$CAFFE_ROOT=D:\Projects\caffe\build
$PYTHONPATH=D:\Projects\caffe\python

if someone could figure out what im doing wrong, i would really apreciate.
Thank you

Capture.PNG

Tiago Silva

Dec 28, 2016, 6:58:55 AM12/28/16
to Caffe Users
Fixed by rebuilding caffe adding CAFFE_VERSION=1.0.0-rc3 in the preprocessing definitions.
Can be closed, thank you.

张云东

Dec 28, 2016, 5:35:08 PM12/28/16
to Caffe Users
Hi, Can u list your installation steps? I have exactly the same problem. I tried adding path but it doesn't work. Not sure whether I am doing correctly.

在 2016年12月28日星期三 UTC-8上午3:58:55,Tiago Silva写道:

Joseph Gregory

Apr 6, 2019, 6:52:58 AM4/6/19
to Caffe Users
its telling you whats wrong literally in the first and second sentence..... it wants the ROOT caffee directory, not the build directory how you declared,  just remove the /build from your cmd set string, furthermore i would use conda to install librarries and dependancies cause it looks like your missing some... but other than that you did perfect you even got it compiled which is the hardest part

Naheed Akhtar

Aug 24, 2019, 2:53:57 PM8/24/19
to Caffe Users
WHEN i use this command i get erro that windows dont have "git" as internal or external comand
C:\Projects> git clone https://github.com/BVLC/caffe.git

majid geravand

Aug 25, 2019, 6:32:24 AM8/25/19
to Caffe Users
you have not installed git or you have not set it into your enviroment variable.

Suganya Vellingiri

Sep 7, 2019, 4:19:45 AM9/7/19
to Joseph Gregory, Caffe Users
Hi Joseph,

Please refer to the below link to download caffe, in that it would have been highlighted to install other dependencies, I have mentioned link for each one. Please refer to the installation video before you start installing it,which would give you a idea.

3. Visual Studio 2015- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZR2dAyR8LU (The steps mentioned in this video will lead you to install it)
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_X5Iq9niDE (Installation Video)
5. CUDA 7.5 or 8.0 (use CUDA 8 If using CUDA 8 if using Visual Studio 2015)-
6. cuDNN v5 - https://developer.nvidia.com/cudnn (To download it will ask you to sign in)
7. Matlab for the matcaffe interface.
       Userid:  suganya_v...@sutd.edu.sg
       Password: Pisusweetie@93
       I have installed R2018b version
In middle of installation if you are struck up somewhere please refer to the installation video. Hope it should help. Same author has shared one more video, this is the link for it (If you have any doubt in that video please view this)

Thanks & regards
Suganya V

saad alsheekh

Dec 4, 2019, 10:16:55 AM12/4/19
to Caffe Users

hi Suganya

can you please sent me the installation video i have problem in install caffe i try all possible of installation but i got nothing i try windows and ubuntu just i need to install caffe with gpu in any way please help me

i hope to got answer from you soon

saad
best regards

Message has been deleted

Tiểu Vân Triệu

Feb 5, 2020, 12:20:55 PM2/5/20
to Caffe Users
Hi Suganya Vellingiri,

Can you share caffe installation video in windows with me? If you agree, please reply in the mail with me
Thanks very much ^_^

Vào 15:19:45 UTC+7 Thứ Bảy, ngày 07 tháng 9 năm 2019, Suganya Vellingiri đã viết:

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/caffe-users/657c92cb-f7bc-47d2-b2f8-6d31894b8f00%40googlegroups.com.

Loca

Feb 26, 2020, 4:57:37 AM2/26/20
to Caffe Users