Caffe allocates multiple GPUs

Jakub Sochor

Jul 28, 2015, 7:40:42 AM7/28/15
to Caffe Users
Hi,
we are using caffe in cooparation with SGE (Sun Grid Engine) and Centos.
And for some reasons one caffe instance sometimes allocates multiple gpus on one machine.
One of the GPUs is only allocated and probably not actually used as it uses only 95MB of RAM and the GPU which is actually training something uses ~3.5GB RAM.
I use caffe version from git:  543afd3 - (7 weeks ago) [docs] drop out-of-date reference to dev branch - Evan Shelhamer (HEAD -> master, origin/master, origin/HEAD)
Do you have any idea why this is happening?
Thank you for your replies.