Some of the tests have failed when making runtest

Alvaro Ceballos

Sep 13, 2015, 11:15:22 PM9/13/15
to Caffe Users
Four of the tests done, during make runtest, have failed. Here are the results of these tests:

[----------] Global test environment tear-down
[==========] 880 tests from 133 test cases ran. (740733 ms total)
[  PASSED  ] 876 tests.
[  FAILED  ] 4 tests, listed below:
[  FAILED  ] EltwiseLayerTest/0.TestProd, where TypeParam = caffe::CPUDevice<float>
[  FAILED  ] EltwiseLayerTest/0.TestSum, where TypeParam = caffe::CPUDevice<float>
[  FAILED  ] EltwiseLayerTest/1.TestProd, where TypeParam = caffe::CPUDevice<double>
[  FAILED  ] EltwiseLayerTest/1.TestSum, where TypeParam = caffe::CPUDevice<double>

And here (link) is the whole output.

Your help and answers are welcome!

Ronghang Hu

Sep 13, 2015, 11:28:15 PM9/13/15
to Caffe Users
Seems to be some numerical issue, as the expected and actual values are almost the same.

The numerical result of EltwiseLayer should to depend on the BLAS library.

Ideally we should use EXPECT_NEAR (with a very small threahold) instead of EXPECT_EQ

Alvaro Ceballos

Sep 13, 2015, 11:54:17 PM9/13/15
to Caffe Users
In which parts of the Caffe's code should I use EXPECT_NEAR?

Also, the BLAS I'm currently using is OpenBLAS.

Ronghang Hu

Sep 13, 2015, 11:57:08 PM9/13/15
to Caffe Users
Those in test_eltwise_layer.cpp. I just created a pull-request on this issue: https://github.com/BVLC/caffe/pull/3063/files

Alvaro Ceballos

Sep 14, 2015, 12:56:29 PM9/14/15
to Caffe Users
Thanks! Now Caffe compiled well.

Yuting Chen

Oct 25, 2015, 9:54:57 AM10/25/15
to Caffe Users
Thanks for your solution of this problem, because I apply the solution to my problem like test below:
    [  FAILED  ] 7 tests, listed below:
    [  FAILED  ] SGDSolverTest/0.TestSnapshotShare, where TypeParam = caffe::CPUDevice<float>
    [  FAILED  ] AdaGradSolverTest/0.TestSnapshotShare, where TypeParam = caffe::CPUDevice<float>
    [  FAILED  ] NesterovSolverTest/0.TestSnapshotShare, where TypeParam = caffe::CPUDevice<float>
    [  FAILED  ] AdaDeltaSolverTest/0.TestSnapshotShare, where TypeParam = caffe::CPUDevice<float>
    [  FAILED  ] AdamSolverTest/0.TestSnapshotShare, where TypeParam = caffe::CPUDevice<float>
    [  FAILED  ] RMSPropSolverTest/0.TestSnapshot, where TypeParam = caffe::CPUDevice<float>
    [  FAILED  ] RMSPropSolverTest/0.TestSnapshotShare, where TypeParam = caffe::CPUDevice<float>
That is, in caffe/src/caffe/test/test_gradient_based_solver.cpp, I instead EXPECT_EQ with EXPECT_NEAR and 1e-4. It almost helps me handle the problem.However, there still remains an error [  FAILED  ] AdaGradSolverTest/0.TestSnapshotShare, where TypeParam = caffe::CPUDevice<float>, how can I do?

According the https://github.com/BVLC/caffe/issues/3109, I used caffe in single GPU, and runtest in GPU mode, when I met problem above.

在 2015年9月14日星期一 UTC+8上午11:28:15,Ronghang Hu写道:

韦景琪

Nov 10, 2016, 12:48:04 AM11/10/16
to Caffe Users
try

 export LC_ALL=C

在 2015年9月14日星期一 UTC+8上午11:15:22,Alvaro Ceballos写道: