Caffe OpenCL installation instruction on Ubuntu 16.04

Akshay Sinha

Apr 23, 2017, 10:03:54 PM4/23/17
to Caffe Users
Hi,

I'm trying to install Caffe opencl branch on Ubuntu 16.04. I have an RX 480 and have installed the AMD APP SDK 3.0 and amdgpu-pro 17.10 driver for my gpu.

However, it isn't really clear how I should install/build Caffe on Ubuntu. If I refer to the Docs, it says to install CUDA and CuDNN? Are these libraries mandatory even though I will be using the OpenCL backend? What about BLAS or other dependencies? Which version do we need to install and are there any instructions on how to build/install those?

I'm sorry if this has been answered before but I couldn't find anything online or on the groups. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!