ROC/AUC for comparing two trained models?

Ihsan Ullah

Oct 23, 2015, 1:36:30 PM10/23/15
to Caffe Users

I have trained ILSVRC-12 in Caffe. Now i am trying to calculate ROC/AUC for my model and the trained model provided by caffe. I have two questions:

1) ROC/AUC is mainly used for binary classes, but i also found that in some cases people used it for multi-classes. Is it possible for 1000 classes. And what will be its impact? As in reviews people didn't give good answer for ROC/AUC in multi-class problems.

2) If possible, and comparing two models based on ROC/AUC will be a good idea, Can anybody tell how to do it for these 1000 classes in Caffe? And do i have to retrain the models from scratch, or can i calculate only with final trained models?

regards