android client for caffe

Duy Huynh

Dec 15, 2014, 12:20:36 AM12/15/14
to caffe...@googlegroups.com
hi.  is there a good android client (for prediction locally on the phone) for pre-trained caffe models yet?  any feedback/comment/advice is much appreciated!

Ildoo Kim

Dec 15, 2014, 12:29:36 AM12/15/14
to caffe...@googlegroups.com
Do you want to predict photos?

Duy Huynh

Dec 15, 2014, 3:02:13 PM12/15/14
to caffe...@googlegroups.com
yes!  just a forward pass through the convnet to predict the result.   i'm looking for a really fast, lightweight android client for this.  to put the entire caffe code on android seems like a big overhead.  is there anyone has built a client side code for android for caffe?

Ildoo Kim

Dec 16, 2014, 6:18:42 PM12/16/14
to caffe...@googlegroups.com
I don't think so. You can do this by communication to server which is caffe-enabled.

Niko Gamulin

Feb 2, 2015, 5:49:51 PM2/2/15
to caffe...@googlegroups.com
I tried to use this one: https://github.com/sh1r0/caffe-android-lib

Unfortunately I haven't managed run it successfully. I would be glad if anyone could test it and describe the implementation procedure in case of success.