CMake error trying to build Caffe on Windows 7

Jan021981

Sep 8, 2019, 8:36:09 AM9/8/19
to Caffe Users
Hey,

I really become crazy now. I try to build Caffe on my computer for now two days :/

I build HDF5, GLOG, GFlags, CuDNN, ZLib and ProtoBuf

After that, I thought I'm ready to run CMake over my downloaded Caffe/source folder,
but I continously get the same error message:

CMake Warning (dev) at cmake/Misc.cmake:32 (set):
implicitly converting 'BOOLEAN' to 'STRING' type.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
CMakeLists.txt:25 (include)
This warning is for project developers. Use -Wno-dev to suppress it.

Found gflags (include: C:/Program Files/Gflags/build/include/gflags, library: optimized;C:/Program Files/Gflags/build/lib/Release/gflags_static.lib;debug;C:/Program Files/Gflags/build/lib/Debug/gflags_static_debug.lib)

Found glog (include: C:\Program Files\GLOG\build\glog, library: optimized;C:/Program Files/GLOG/build/Release/glog.lib;debug;C:/Program Files/GLOG/build/Debug/glogd.lib)

Found Protobuf: optimized;C:/Program Files/Protobuf/build/Release/libprotobuf.lib;debug;C:/Program Files/Protobuf/build/Debug/libprotobufd.lib (found version "3.9.1")

Found PROTOBUF Compiler: C:/Program Files/Protobuf/build/Release/protoc.exe

CMake Error at cmake/Utils.cmake:105 (if):
Syntax error in cmake code at

C:/Program Files/Caffe/source/cmake/Utils.cmake:105

when parsing string

C:\Program Files\Protobuf\source\src\google\protobuf/google/protobuf/stubs/common.h

Invalid escape sequence \P
Call Stack (most recent call first):
cmake/ProtoBuf.cmake:18 (caffe_parse_header)
cmake/Dependencies.cmake:43 (include)
CMakeLists.txt:49 (include)

Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!

The path "C:\Program Files\Protobuf\source\src\google\progobuf/google/protobuf/sub/common.h" isn't valid at all,

but I don't know how to tell CMake to use the correct path "C:\Program Files\Protobuf\source\src\google\protobuf\stubs\common.h".

Here is an image of my cmake settings:

PBCmakeSettings.png

Hopefully, anybody has an idea what's wrong because I'm out of ideas now.

Thank you and regards,

Jan