Errors when executing make runtest on GPU with cuDNN. Help please

Pradeep

Feb 4, 2015, 12:01:08 PM2/4/15
to caffe...@googlegroups.com
after a few trials and corrections, I was able to get Caffe compiled after setting up all the pre-requisites.

make all and make test ran ok.

but when I ran make runtest, it started out with these

modprobe: ERROR: could not insert 'nvidia_340': Unknown symbol in module, or unknown parameter (see dmesg)

Cuda number of devices: 0

Setting to use device 0

Current device id: 0

Then it ran a few Tests and some passed as well, but then this showed up a few times.

modprobe: ERROR: could not insert 'nvidia_340': Unknown symbol in module, or unknown parameter (see dmesg)

E0204 16:47:20.629025  1751 common.cpp:91] Cannot create Cublas handle. Cublas won't be available.

Then it ran for some more time until this happened and it all stopped:

F0204 16:47:20.644515  1751 syncedmem.cpp:51] Check failed: error == cudaSuccess (38 vs. 0)  no CUDA-capable device is detected

*** Check failure stack trace: ***

    @     0x2afba0cfddaa  (unknown)

    @     0x2afba0cfdce4  (unknown)

    @     0x2afba0cfd6e6  (unknown)

    @     0x2afba0d00687  (unknown)

    @           0x763ecb  caffe::SyncedMemory::mutable_gpu_data()

    @           0x597cc2  caffe::RandomNumberGeneratorTest_TestRngUniformIntGPU_Test<>::TestBody()

    @           0x68d833  testing::internal::HandleExceptionsInMethodIfSupported<>()

    @           0x6842d7  testing::Test::Run()

    @           0x68437e  testing::TestInfo::Run()

    @           0x684485  testing::TestCase::Run()

    @           0x6877c8  testing::internal::UnitTestImpl::RunAllTests()

    @           0x687a57  testing::UnitTest::Run()

    @           0x41eda0  main

    @     0x2afba6b89ec5  (unknown)

    @           0x426597  (unknown)

    @              (nil)  (unknown)

make: *** [runtest] Aborted (core dumped)

HOW DO I interpret this and get this corrected? Can someone please help me here.

thanks

pwu1024

Mar 4, 2015, 4:27:17 PM3/4/15
to caffe...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Were you able to solve this problem? I have the same issue here and hope to learn from your experience.

Best,

Peter

Pradeep Janakiraman

Mar 4, 2015, 8:43:07 PM3/4/15
to pwu1024, caffe...@googlegroups.com
i finally went with the docker distribution and started moving ahead. that worked out.