How many GB do I need to run semantic segmentation?

Lee Yoongu

May 10, 2016, 9:25:14 AM5/10/16
to Caffe Users
Hello all, I am using Nvidia 750 Ti 2GB to train and test a semantic segmentation task. However, my PC is not enough memory. I want to upgrade the new GPU. However, I don't know how much GB which I need to train and test the semantic segmentation task. Could you suggest to me some GPU spec for the task? Thank you in advance

Jason Bunk

May 12, 2016, 12:07:48 AM5/12/16
to Caffe Users
It depends on the model (and if using PR 2016) and if training or testing. In testing, the torrvision/crfasrnn with PR 2016 uses about 4 GB memory with minibatch size 1, while this and ParseNet with PR 2016 use about 1.3 GB memory with minibatch size 1 (and 5.3 GB with minibatch size 10), which should fit on your card right now if you want to test them out.

Lee Yoongu

May 12, 2016, 1:47:14 AM5/12/16
to Caffe Users
Thank you. How about training phase. Do you measure it?

Vào 13:07:48 UTC+9 Thứ Năm, ngày 12 tháng 5 năm 2016, Jason Bunk đã viết: