some amazing shows for you

Sahand Sahebdivani

Mar 4, 2024, 6:49:55 AMMar 4
to cafem...@googlegroups.com
Hey everyone,

Last year between Christmas and New Years we took over the Bellevue theater with some amazing storytelling shows. The aim was of course to get the work of our amazing storytellers out there. Something I am glad to say we managed to do, as now the shows we worked on don't just play in the Mezrab, but also in other theaters. So this week's mail isn't just about getting you excited about what happens in the Mezrab, but mentioning a few shows which happen outside of it! Buckle up:

Tomorrow (Tuesday) our amazing Irish teller Sinead hosts our monthly Mythos night. The night will take us to the stories of antiquity! Are they still relevant for today? Of course they are!
On Saturday we have another Greek Rebetiko music night. Hoppa Hoppa! Check out these tracks: https://mezrab.nl/events/greek-rebetiko-night-%e2%98%85-live-rebetiko-against-the-machine-kibar-trio/
On Sunday we have another MezJam session, hosted by Babak! Everyone is welcome to join or just to listen.
Then next week on Tuesday our Jack-of-all-Trades Karl flies back from the Caribbean to host our Tell, than Show! night. On this eclectic Tuesday we are invited to discover what stories hide in our love for a piece of music or a clip from TV or Cinema.

Now, the longer storytelling shows I would love you to see are:

On March 17, Pampa's Pride! It is a hilarious semi-improvised show by Fer Rodil. When it premiered at the Amsterdam Storytelling Festival I had a stomach ache from laughter! This one plays in Mezrab:

Then in the Bellevue you can enjoy the following shows:
I myself will play on March 21 my show about how my parents experienced the Iranian Revolution, the Distant Word. I usually play this in Dutch, but on this date in English!
On April 2 and 3 you can see Sinead do her moving piece No One is Coming. She will just be back then from premiering her show in her native Ireland!
April 9 and 10 are the dates on which Joseph will play his Fringe hit People are Awful
Finally on April 13 and 14 you can catch Four Weddings and an Iranian Funeral. The show is about the life of Nasim (not his real name). It tells about the adventures and challenges of Iranian gay men, living in an oppressive country and ultimately leaving!

All of these shows you can find under this link: https://www.theaterbellevue.nl/pQYd7sG/english

There you go, go forth and tell people what an exciting offering of English language events Amsterdam has! (seriously, drag all your friends to these shows)

See you at the events!

Sahand & Team