comedy open mic tonight, and other intimate events!

Sahand Sahebdivani

Apr 8, 2024, 6:37:01 AMApr 8
to cafem...@googlegroups.com
Hey dear friends,

Some of you remember the previous smaller Mezrab locations before we moved into the current one. Sometimes when we are packed again someone will ask us, is it time to move again? To be honest, we fantasise from time to time about another location, but in a different way some of you might expect: What would it look like to have something smaller? A place that honors the smaller, more intimate events?

Well, we aren't there yet, but I am happy to say this week's events honor that spirit, even in our current big place. Just have a look at this:

Tonight we have the Comedy Open Mic. In an intimate setting you see new and old comedians refine material, try new stuff and connect with new audiences. (Entrance donation based)
Tomorrow (Tuesday) we have another edition of Tell, then show! The night in which we don't invite storytellers, but rather together weave a night together. Share what your favorite song, or film is, discover the stories that lie underneath. A special and moving experience under guidance of storyteller and novelist Chidi! (Entrance donation based)
Thursday we have an intimate concert with three trio around the Senegalese Prince Moussa Cissokho, who together embody the musical traditions of three continents, mixing them together in a contemporary broth. Follow the link for delicious tracks to listen to and a link to buy tickets: https://mezrab.nl/events/prince-moussa-cissokho-omri-hason-jan-galega-bronnimann-jmo-%e2%98%85-magic-carpet-sessions/
On Saturday we have a DJ night with amazing Eritrean party music. What? And the tickets are VERY cheap if you get them online: https://mezrab.nl/events/eritrean-anthology-and-the-amplifire-%e2%98%85-horn-of-africa-night-%e2%98%85-injeradio/
On Sunday the MezJam is back. Come join us with or without an instrument, join the timeless ritual of being together, playing and listening. Jam guide is Babak!

Finally I want to tell you about a very special event on Monday in a week. Maybe you've heard about improv theater and haven't been, or you are already a fan, either way, you should know that one of the living legends of the art form: Tim Orr is joining our own Raffi Feghali for a one time duo show. Grab your tickets now and see what this art form can be about:

See you at the events!

Sahand & Team

PS, the Mezrab Storytelling School is starting a five month pro course in September. We have people applying, but it's not too late to let us know if you want to dive into storytelling.