Theater tonight

Sahand Sahebdivani

Jun 2, 2024, 4:07:12 AMJun 2
to cafem...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

Here's a quick reminder that the one woman show called Two Elizas will play in the Mezrab tonight! The play, which juxtaposes the contemporary stories of the performer's motherhood with the trials of her ancestor. New Orleans based Jenny Mercein played sold out shows in the US to much critical acclaim. We are happy to offer her the European premiere of her show! More info and (incredibly cheap) tickets here

Then something else. Does anyone remember the iconic 2009 show of Salik Keita in the Melkweg? The albino singer, also known as the Golden Voice of Africa graced us with his Malinese blues. Even before the concert was over we knew we had witnessed history? Well, we don't have Keita playing in the Mezrab on Saturday June 8, but some of his compatriots: The exiled Touareq musicians of Tartit! They hail from the Timbuktu region of Mali, but formed in refugee camps in Mauritania. Now, they will turn the Mezrab into a desert landscape of hope, melancholy and mirages. And quite possibly 15 years from now, you will tell your friends, do you remember we experienced the exiled soul of the desert in the Mezrab, back in 2024? You just need to go here, listen to the music, invite your friends and get some tickets

I don't think I would disappoint you with just these two shows, but here's a few other nice things to look at:

- Coming Tuesday, a special Mythos storytelling night in which, under the guidance of Raphael and Aryeh, we dive into the myths and folktales of Snakes! (free entrance)
- Thursday June 6 is the club night of the legendary capital city humpa humpas Amsterdam Klezmer Band. For this edition of their Mezrab club night they bring as guests de Stokers! (Tickets and info)
- Sunday June 9 is the night of the Mezjam. Everyone can join! Babak is master of overseeing and gluing you all together.
- Thursday June 13 we already have the last curated music event of the season. Two duos bring us an intimate journey through Hungary, the Balkans, Armenia and even Latin America. Click here to listen read about and listen to the music of Siga & Silente and Cukros Csirkecomb

That's it my friend, see you at the concerts!

Sahand & Team