A reversal of pace

Sahand Sahebdivani

Apr 2, 2024, 4:15:22 AMApr 2
to cafem...@googlegroups.com
Hi Everyone,

When we dropped yesterday's bombshell we expected some feedback, but you all really delivered! We received almost 100 remarks! From those who agreed with the new direction, and many more who felt cutting comedy from Mezrab would be a crying shame (see what I did there?). One person wrote:

I just wonder, how is it possible to emotionally and cognitively cope with horrors without the catharsis of laughter? What I mean is, how do we stay resilient without the unique release of emotions that laughter brings? Or do we all cry together instead?

My own father, who doesn't have the academic words to put it quite as well as the response above, reminded me: Sahand, even when the bombs were falling and they were killing our comrades, every meeting of our resistance group started with the latest jokes. No one was allowed to talk politics until we had a good laugh!

But many of you didn't debate one way or another, as you noticed the day on which the mail was sent: April 1!

So yes, no changes to our comedy policy (though we stay committed to telling the stories that matter to us). And catch you at the next prank in a year!

Earnestly yours,
Sahand & Team
2b or not 2b.jpg