storytelling tonight!

Sahand Sahebdivani

Jan 2, 2024, 8:50:18 AMJan 2
to cafem...@googlegroups.com
Hi Everyone,

Happy New Year! Let's make this year less crappy than the previous one. More peace, more humanity, more stories, more music and more laughter. The last three we can give you directly:

---

Tonight we already have the first storytelling night of the year! We are back in business with a night of folktales and myths hosted by Irina. From tonight on we have something story related every Tuesday (and always free entrance!) Like next week on Tuesday we have Chidi hosting Show then tell, the night in which anyone can discover their telling voice.

Next week (Thursday 11th) we are also very honored to host the Kenya based storyteller, writer and theater maker Ogutu Muraya. Some of you might remember him from his brilliant performing days in Amsterdam some years ago.

He brings a collection of stories around the idea of ‘madness’ – as insanity but also as ridiculousness. The stories follow Chizi wa Mtaa an archetypal figure in East Africa, using folklore, memories and fantasy fiction a world within worlds unveiled.

Tickets are only € 11.50 and can be bought on the site.

---

If Comedy is more your thing you can buy tickets for the Original Comedy night this Saturday or the Alternative Comedy night on the 20th. We also have our Comedy open mics which from this month will be on Mondays! The 8th and the 22nd.

---

For music we are starting a strong season with a double bill concert on Sunday Jan 21st: The Escarteen Sisters (from the Spanish countryside) and the South African multiinstrumentalist Sarah Blake. We are also offering a student discount for this concert!

That's it for now! There's much more of course, but I don't want to spam you. Just go the website and press on the "full program" button.

Hugs,
Sahand & Team

PS, if you are looking for training here's a few nice things:

Jan 27 our Lebanese improv teacher Raffi is offering a 1 day (4 hour) improvised storytelling course. For the low price of € 39 you can join his class which is educational and fun!
Feb 2-4 Mezrab Storytelling School co-founder Raphael Rodan is giving a three day intensive course on FEAR. What is it, how does the performer deal with it. Powerful stuff!
September onwards is when our 5 months professional course starts. Ever dreamt of becoming a professional storyteller? We are now starting the process of auditioning students for this course. More info on www.mezrabstorytellingschool.nl