Tonight event with Holland Festival

Sahand Sahebdivani

May 7, 2024, 5:02:59 AMMay 7
to cafem...@googlegroups.com
Hi Everyone,

Tonight is another storytelling Tuesday night, and this is a special edition: we are co-producing it with the prestigious Holland Festival. We had a few nights which we considered to offer for this collaboration, but we are excited about the contrast between the Mythos night, in which storytellers dive into the ancient stories, and a festival which is known for its contemporary content. So come for the masterful hosting of Sinead (her last before she moves back to Ireland!) and a fine selection of Mezrab tellers. They will be joined on stage by the dancer Flavia Pinheiro and Claudio Jacomucci on accordion who play pieces of their festival shows. Doors open at 19.00, performances begin at 20.00. Event is donation based (and like all Tuesdays, in English!).

This Saturday we also have the loud and happening Greek night of power folk rock. That looks like random words glued together, but honestly it's the only way I can describe Gidiki, who will come to Mez as part of their European tour! Go to the event page, listen to the tracks and buy your tickets for their concert on Saturday May 7!

On Sunday you can nurse your Ouzo hangover at the Mezjam hosted by Babak. Come to play and/or to listen. You don't need tickets for this one. Live music starts at 20.00.

Coming Monday (May 13) is the night of our next Comedy Open Mic. It's a free night in which new and experienced comedians show their comedy chops. Come support the birth of art!

Now, for the rest of the programme you can prepare yourself simply by going to the mezrab.nl page and looking at all the delicious events. But there's a few things from the future that I would like to highlight:

- On May 18 our host Raffi gives another one day workshop for telling improvised stories. Every single time he did this in the past it sold out. Get on this ASAP!
- On May 21 our star teller (and co-founder of the Mezrab Storytelling School) Raphael has a solo show in Theater Bellevue. And even though it's billed as a solo he will be joined on stage by Finnish-Swedish musician Erik Sjoholm, who is traveling to the NL just to play this show. Get your tickets now if you want to see storytelling of the highest order! Bellevue has a very friendly pay what you can plan
- On May 30 we are bringing one of the most accomplished international clowns to the NL: Dr. Brown, with his show Berfdfght. Tickets and more info here.

So, there you have it. See you at the events!

Sahand & Team