Events in Amsterdam (NL) and Gothenburg (SWE)

Sahand Sahebdivani

Apr 22, 2015, 2:34:39 AM4/22/15
to Sahand Cafe Mezrab
Hi Folks,

We've split up the Mezrab team currently. Half is running the home base while the other half is bringing thought provoking storytelling shows to Sweden. Which means that if you're currently in Gothenburg you can catch our show Kingdom of Fire and Clay this afternoon at the Worldmuseum.

However, if you're on this mailinglist chaces are you are better served with a list of events in Amsterdam (Which will also have plenty of Swedes this week). Well, here goes:

Wednesday April 22nd / Faran Ensemble (Tonight!)
A bit of a legendary band visiting us in Amsterdam. Faran is named after a dry river that runs in the desert and ignores national borders. The same goes for their music, which mixes Persian, Arabic and African styles. https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=61&v=KctjFfAEFhA
Doors open at 19.00, concert starts at 20.00 (don't be late!) Also, reserve for this concert, as there's a chance this will sell out. (By sending a mail to in...@mezrab.nl) Mom will make soup:

Thursday April 23rd / Balfolk Night
A fun night of dancing on European Folk tunes! No idea how to do the old dances? No problem, the night kicks off with a dance workshop at 20.00. The nights live music will be offered by a duo traveling all the way from Sweden! More info here: https://www.facebook.com/events/788322567911775/
Doors open at 19.30 / Workshop starts at 20.00 / Free dancing at 21.00 / € 10,-

Thursday April 23rd / Folk concert Alban Faust
On the same night we have another multi instrumentalist from Sweden kicking it up in the old space. Between 19.00 and 20.00 you can join a concert by Alban Faust in the old (downstairs) Mezrab. This concert is donation based, be generous to our traveling musicians: https://www.facebook.com/events/1588583908068458/
Doors open at 18.30 / concert between 19.00 and 20.00, just in time to join the Balfolk upstairs.

Friday April 24th / Themeprov (English)
On every fourth Friday of the month we get together for a completely improvised night of theater. Nothing is rehearsed, everything is offered on the spot, never to be repeated. Great fun! Doors open at 19.00, improv starts at 20.00 (don't be late) Mom makes soup. Event is free, though donations pay the rent.

Tuesday April 28th / The Complete James Bond (Abridged)
Our good friends of Orange Tea have put together a crack team to bring you something insane, the complete James Bond (Abridged) in theater form. Come dressed up as a superspy or bond girl. Let us serve you Martini's. Show starts at 20.00 (don't be late!) € 5,-

Thursday April 30th / Storytelling Night (Dutch)
Our Monthly storytelling event for Dutch speakers and listerens. Come and share a story if you have. Free entrance, (donations pay the rent), mom makes soup. Doors open at 19.00, event starts at 20.00.

Friday May 1st / Mezrab Tragedy Night
The first Friday of the month is reserved for comedy. However, the first weekend of May also hosts a comedy festival in Utrecht that we don't want to compete with. So instead we've decided to turn the comedy turned tragedy into entertainment for you guys. Come and enjoy a different kind of storytelling night. Free entrance (donations pay the rent!). Doors open at 19.00, stories start at 20.00, mom&dad make soup.

Well, that's it for Mezrab events. Hope to see you at one of them.

From Sweden with Love,

Sahand & Team

PS, this weekend there's a cool Solo improv festival happening. On Saturday they've got a full English language programme: http://www.remifestival.nl/
PPS, On Sunday there will be a very cool show bringing in one of the world's top improv actors. Have a look here: https://www.facebook.com/events/639244516222430/