next Cafe Sci

1 view

cafes...@gmail.com

Apr 2, 2018, 9:58:01 AM4/2/18
to Café Scientifique Sheffield

Mon 9 April 2018 at 7.00 pm

Showroom Cafe

A Tour of Drug-Making Cell Factories

Speaker: James A Baker

Abstract

Biologics are some of our most important drugs in fights against diseases like cancer and Alzheimer’s. However, they are also some of our most difficult and expensive to make, sometimes topping more than £10,000 per patient. This talk brings the audience on a tour of the ingenious cell factories that produce biologics. We'll explore why these drugs are important, why they're so difficult to produce, and the work scientists are doing to turn the cells producing them into perfect miniaturized drug factories, making them cheaper and more accessible to the public.

-------

Many apologies for sending you the world's worst ever email last month.

-------

Please book by going to:

https://www.showroomworkstation.org.uk/cafe-scientifique

and look for NOW BOOKING.

The event is FREE.

We know that some people have had difficulty doing this. Don't worry. Just come.