How I'm voting: Berkeley Measures + Candidates

Jeff Hobson

Oct 16, 2020, 2:03:40 AM10/16/20
to caele...@googlegroups.com
Dear fellow voters,
Here's my third and final post about November's election -- recommendations on Berkeley measures and candidates. Here's the super-brief summary in email:

Berkeley Measures
FF: Yes to Parcel Tax for Emergency Services
GG - Yes for Trip Tax on Transportation Network Companies (Uber+Lyft)
HH - Yes for Utility Users tax for Reduce Greenhouse Gas Emissions
II - Yes for a new Police Accountability Board
JJ - Yes for Higher Mayor + Council salaries
KK - Yes to Update Outdated Parts of the City Charter
LL - Yes to Extend Voter-Approved Spending Limits
MM - No Endorsement on Complicated Measure on Rent Control and ADUs

Berkeley Elected Officials
School Board: Laura Babitt and Ana Vasudeo
Mayor: Jesse Arreguin
City Council, District 2: Terry Taplin #1 (plus #2 Sharenko, #3 Carter)
City Council, District 3: Deborah Matthews #1, Ben Bartlett #2
City Council, District 5: No endorsement
City Council, District 6: No endorsement
Rent Stabilization Board: Marasovic, Johnson, Kelley, Simon-Weisberg, and either Ahmadi or Panahi

And here are links to details on all three posts:
Please feel free to forward this widely, encourage people to visit the blog and sign up for this email list. If you have feedback, please comment on the blog -- I answer blog comments before I answer individual emails. As usual, all views in this email and on the blog are entirely my own and are not those of my workplace or any organization I'm involved in.

-- Jeff

PS -- If you got this forwarded to you and you'd like to get it directly in the future, please point your browser to https://caelections.blogspot.com and put your email address into the "Google groups" box in the upper left.

See my latest election recommendations at http://caelections.blogspot.com.
I generally post by a week in advance of each election.
To get on my mailing list for future posts, visit my blog and put your email address in the box at upper left.