How I'm voting: Alameda County Measures, Judges and Federal-State-District Candidates

Jeff Hobson

Oct 15, 2020, 1:56:03 AM10/15/20
to caele...@googlegroups.com
Dear fellow voters,
Tonight you get the second in my series of posts about this November's election -- this one includes my recommendations on Alameda County’s measures plus elected officials from the federal down to county/district level. Here's the super-brief summary in email -- for details see the full post
Alameda County
Measure V: Yes for Utility Users Tax Unincorporated areas
Measure W: YES YES YES for Housing and Services for People Suffering from Homelessness

Federal + State offices
President: Biden-Harris
U.S. Representative, 13th Congressional District: Barbara Lee
CA State Senator, 9th Senate District: Nancy Skinner
CA State Assembly, 15th Assembly District: Buffy Wicks
CA State Assembly, 18th Assembly District: Rob Bonta

Special Districts:
AC Transit At-Large: Chris Peeples
AC Transit Ward 1: Wallace or Beckles
AC Transit Ward 2: Jean Walsh
BART District 1: Jamie Salcido
BART District 3: Rebecca Saltzman
BART District 7: Lateefah Simon
East Bay Regional Parks Ward 1: Elizabeth Echols

Plus (for all of you who ask me about Oakland every year), see the full post for my colleague Edie's recommendations.

Last week was state propositions. Berkeley rec's are coming tomorrow. As usual, informed and thoughtful opinions are welcome!

Please feel free to forward this widely, encourage people to visit the blog and sign up for this email list. If you have feedback, please comment on the blog -- I'll answer blog comments before I answer individual emails. As usual, all views in this email and on the blog are entirely my own and are not those of my workplace or any organization I'm involved in.

-- Jeff

PS -- If you got this forwarded to you and you'd like to get it directly in the future, please point your browser to https://caelections.blogspot.com and put your email address into the "Google groups" box in the upper left.

See my latest election recommendations at http://caelections.blogspot.com.
I generally post by a week in advance of each election.
To get on my mailing list for future posts, visit my blog and put your email address in the box at upper left.