Join North Berkeley Now! and attend Nov 13 forum on climate change + homes + safety

Jeff Hobson

Nov 1, 2019, 9:50:59 PM11/1/19
to caele...@googlegroups.com
Dear fellow voters,
For those of you in/near Berkeley, read on ...

If you're concerned about the skyrocketing cost of homes in Berkeley and the Bay Area ...
If you care about taking local action to combat climate change ...
If you want safer streets and think less car traffic is one way to get there ...
If it saddens you (as it does me) to emerge from BART into a sea of asphalt ...

... then I invite you to join me and a growing number of neighbors:

We are an all-volunteer group of neighbors who believes the North Berkeley BART station should be a place for beautiful, thoughtful development, not a sea of asphalt that only provides housing for cars. We started by handing out yard/window signs to say YES to affordable homes, completing the greenway, and transforming the North Berkeley BART parking lot into a place for people. Now we're doing more. I co-founded this group and have been one of the main organizers for it. I encourage you to:
On Wed, Nov 13, 6-8pm at Berkeley City College, North Berkeley Now! is co-sponsoring an exciting event along with several other grassroots groups here in Berkeley. Our elected representatives and a couple renowned experts will talk about what we can do here to fight climate change, address the housing crisis, and increase walkability/street safety. For more info, see the attached image.

Consider getting involved in other Berkeley groups working on these issues
Our co-sponsors for the Nov 13 event are all doing good work:
  • South Berkeley Now! is our sister group working for change at the Ashby BART station - advocating for housing, equity, diversity, and investment in South Berkeley.
  • Berkeley Neighbors for Housing + Climate Action is working citywide to address the linked climate change and housing crises
  • Walk Bike Berkeley: all-volunteer organization that advocates for safe, low-stress, and fun walking and biking in Berkeley for people of all ages, and abilities
Best,
Jeff

PS -- If you're NOT in Berkeley or just don't want to hear more about these issues, my apologies for using what is normally just my election recommendations email list. The next time I'll use this list will be for 2020 elections!

See Jeff's election recommendations at http://caelections.blogspot.com.
To get on my mailing list and get these directly, go to that website and
put your email address in the box at upper left.

SavetheWorld 06 cropped.png