Jun 3 election rec's from other people

Jeff Hobson

Jun 6, 2022, 7:09:58 PM6/6/22
to caele...@googlegroups.com
Hi folks,
For this election, I'm directing you to writeups by others. This past month we had COVID in our house, a high school graduation, lots of family visits, and I just couldn't get it together to do my normal due diligence and a good writeup. So ... here are some recommendations from other people I respect highly, plus a note on the Alameda County DA's race:

Edie and Janet's June 2022 East Bay Voter Guide -- I've known Edie for years and have great respect for her. Plus she puts this guide together with her mom -- how cool is that! For this election, she covers Alameda County, state, & federal candidates, plus Oakland Measure C (YES!) + SF Prop H (NO!). Check out Edie & Janet's guide here -- I think I'll vote with her on everything that I vote for. And

Landau's Guide -- My friend and fellow political junkie Nathan Landau writes up his recommendations for every election. He covers Berkeley and many local races in Oakland & Contra Costa County, as well as the state & federal races. I normally agree with most of his analyses. This time, for the races I'm voting on, I think I'll vote with him on most things except Alameda County District Attorney (where I'll be voting for Pamela Price, as I did in 2018).

Alameda County District Attorney: I strongly encourage you to read Edie & Janet's writeup about this race. I agree with them 100% -- it is very important that one of the progressive reformers (Price or Steward) win this race. The top two finishers will go to a runoff in the fall. If we had ranked-choice, I'd vote for them 1-2. Since we don't, I'm voting for the one I think is more likely to win -- Price has energized reformers, ran a strong campaign in 2018 (I endorsed her then), and has a great agenda.

Best,
Jeff

--
We'll look back on this someday and laugh.
Why not now, when we could so use the perspective that humor would allow?