The whole list goes roughly from the bottom of your ballot to the top (races in italics are the ones I haven't settled on yet -- but I plan to!). If there's a race missing that you want more info on, post a comment!!
Berkeley Measures + Offices:
Oakland Measures + Offices: I put these all together in one big Oakland post.
- CC: Yes to Strengthen the Ethics Commission.
- DD: Yes to Create an Independent Redistricting Commission.
- EE: Yes for a technical fix on pension administration.
- FF: YES YES YES to Lift Up Oakland.
- N: YES for High Schools parcel tax.
- Z: YES to continue Violence Prevention/Police tax.
- Oakland Mayor - #1 Schaaf, #2 Quan, #3 ... blank or Siegel
- Auditor: Brenda Roberts.
- City Council District 2: Abel Guillen.
- Districts 4+6 - no endorsement.
Alameda County + Special District Measures + Offices
- 1: Torn between Yes vs. No, with conflicting input from people I trust ($7.5 billion water bond) -- see long writeup.
- 2: YES for a reasonable rainy day fund.
- 45: Yes to Regulate Health Insurance Rates
- 46: No on Drug-Testing of Doctors, Medical Malpractice, + Prescription Database
- 47: YES YES YES for Sensible Criminal Justice Reform
- 48: Yes on Indian Gaming Compacts
- State Superintendent of Public Instruction: Tom Torlakson, who has done a fine job. Opponent Marshall Tuck is too much of an enthusiast for charter schools and too-much testing.
- County Superintendent of Schools: not researched yet, but friends seem to all support Karen Monroe.
- I don't know any reason not to vote for any of these judges. And in the absence of any significant campaign against any one of them, they're going to be re-elected. If you know something about any one of them, let me know.
State (+ Federal) Offices
- For almost all the state offices -- Governor, Lieutenant Governor, Secretary of State, Controller, Treasurer, Attorney General, Insurance Commissioner, & Member State Board of Equalization 2nd District -- I'm voting the Democratic ticket. I like some of them, don't know so much others.
- D-15: slight edge to Tony Thurmond over Elizabeth Echols, although I'd be delighted with either of them as my representative.See long writeup.
- D-16: Tim Sbranti. Great guy, effective leader, teacher, and someone I've grown to respect through my work life for the past several years. I'm sad we're losing him as a councilmember from Dublin.
- D-18: Rob Bonta: a helpful and effective leader from Alameda, who I met through the 2011-2012 Measure BB negotiations. And an incumbent Democrat, so I presume he'll win easily.
- D-20: Bill Quirk. Intelligent leader from Hayward. And an incumbent Democrat, so I presume he'll win easily.