June 3 election recommendations: See Landau's Guide June 2014

Jeff Hobson

Jun 1, 2014, 3:19:58 PM6/1/14
to caele...@googlegroups.com
I did not do my own writeup for this election, because I didn't do my normal level of due diligence on this election.

But my good friend and fellow political junkie Nathan Landau did. I normally agree with his analyses, and this election is no different. See attached for his recommendations, or you can download them from http://goo.gl/Wz3luQ. I'll also post them to http://caelections.blogspot.com

The one place where I was unsure is Assembly 15th District.

Nathan endorses Elizabeth Echols, who is terrific. I'd be happy with her as my Assemblymember. If I were doing my own writeup, I would've wanted to look more deeply into Tony Thurmond's background to understand if I'd be just as happy with him. But as Nathan suggests, that question is probably moot, as the November general election will probably be a "top two" race between the two of them. So we'll probably get to decide between them again.

From what little I know, I tend to agree with Nathan's assessment that Sam Kang has the right ideas but not enough legislative/political experience to make a big difference in the legislature. But I'd love to vote for him for lower office, see him get that experience.

Best,
Jeff

--
We'll look back on this someday and laugh.
Why not now, when we could so use the perspective that humor would allow?